The Prometheus Trust's volumes are striking, quality books presenting works from ancient writers which are relevant to the esoteric reader: early texts of hermetic philosophy, pagan spirituality, and the ensouled cosmology. This volume give a selection of those dealing with the philosophic view of the pagan gods and the world. It includes:
- Sallust, On The Gods and the World
- The Pythagoric Sentences of Demophilus
- Taurus, On the Eternity of the World
- The Thema Mundi of Julius Firmicus Maternus
- The Emperor Julian's Oration to the Mother of the Gods
- To the Sovereign Sun
- Synesius' On Providence
- Thomas Taylor, On the Mythology of the Greeks
- Thomas Taylor, On the Theology of the Greeks
The publishers call it an indispensable and accessible introduction to Greek theology.
N.l.: Prometheus Trust. Hardback, 272 pages. New.