The 2010 exhibition at the Cuming Museum in London gave rise to this sought-after volume. The exhibition featured expert talks on Spare, and this book was created in response to the many requests for lecture transcripts, and for quality colour images of Spare's art. The bulk of the volume is made up of a colour illustrated List of Works Shown, and it includes many works never before reproduced in colour, which are in private collections: thus it is an important work for this reason alone.
Full title: Austin Osman Spare: Fallen Visionary, Refractions. Essays, Installation Photography, Transcripts, Illustrated List of Works. Edited by Stephen Pochin. Contents:
- installation photography
- 220 colour images, 112 b/w images
- fully illustrated list of 110 works
- transcripts of lectures, accompanied by related images
- transcript of Spare's 1955 BBC Radio interview
- wall of self-portraits recreated across a special fold-out, double-sided cover
London: Jerusalem Press. Paperback, 195 pages. New. Limitation of 500 copies.