Starfire - Vol. II No. 3 (signed HB)
Starfire, founded 1986 was the main journal of Thelema, particularly its Typhonian branch, for the duration of its long life. This deluxe copy of Vol. II No. 3 is offered without slipcase. Contents of this issue include:
- The Magic of Folly by Richard Ward. Considerations of The Fool card in the Tarot.
- Sinister Shades in Yellow by Alistair Coombs. An essay on novelist Sax Rohmer.
- The Stone of Stars by Oliver St. John. A short story about a talismanic stone.
- Tzaddi is not the Star by Caradoc Elmet. Considerations on the tarot.
- The Aphotic Oracle by Daniel Lett.
- Nightmare Sorcery by Richard Gavin.
- Maranatha: a Blessing or a Curse by Stephen Dziklewicz.
- The Altar by Peter Smith. A short story about a lost grimoire.
- A Very Personal Tantrum by Joe Claxton. An account of consequences from some specific ritual work.
The issue also includes a supplement, which consists of several presentations from the April 2004 Thelema Beyond Crowley Conference held in London. These are:
- Looking Forward! by Kenneth Grant.
- The Letter Killeth by Michael Staley.
- A Hundred Years Henceby Martin Starr.
- Calling Mr. Crowley by Andrew Collins.
- The Evolution of Maat Magick by Margaret Ingalls.
It is illustrated by Kyle Fite, Austin Osman Spare, Peter Smith and Allen Holub. Blue cloth with gilt serpent design and lettering to upper board, gilt lettering to spine, sewn.
London: Starfire Publishing, 2008. Deluxe hardback, 192 pages. Rare. Limited to 131 numbered and signed copies. Signed by Michael Staley.
Condition: Very good. Offered without the slipcase.