Treadwell’s Book of the Week - Abraxas Journal Issue 6
£15 + Postage – BUY
Abraxas Journal is a high-quality printed journal that aims to represent the best of the international esoteric scene. Published by Fulgur Esoterica and edited by Christina Oakley Harrington of Treadwell’s, Abraxas seeks to offer relevant and thought-provoking features: ranging from essays that are scholarly and engaging, to images and sounds that challenge and inspire.
The latest issue, published on September 26th 2014, includes:
- a special feature on Leonora Carrington (Susan Aberth & Wouter Hanegraff)
- an article on Santa Muerte and love magic (Andrew Chesnut)
- The story of forgotten Harlem occultist Robert T. Browne (Matt Marble)
- An introduction to the magical system of Abbot Trithemius’ work (Leo Ruickbie)
Treadwell’s is a bookshop and cultural centre for people interested in esotericism, culture, religion and spirituality. We are a boutique-sized browser’s paradise. Paganism, wicca, and druidry, but also literature, history, culture and classics. We sell secondhand and new books, rare and unusual, as well as bargain finds.
- Bookshop: wonderful books – in store or in our online shop
- Events: talks and lectures on paganism, esotericism and courses to learn more
- Tarot readings: we are famed for our world-class tarot readers
- Information resource: for scholars, media or writers, and people making personal explorations
The shop is open seven days a week, with lectures and events most evenings, and our online shop is available to you 24 hours a day in the comfort of your home. If you are looking for information on any aspect of Western pagan spirituality or the esoteric traditions of Europe, we can help.
We look forward to meeting you,
Christina, Dianne, Livia, Johnny and Marco